2022 Gengler Cup
What a wonderful weekend of perfect weather to renew our the Gengler Cup matches at the
Piping Rock Club and our friendships new and old with our Canadian friends!
Beginning with a full afternoon of practice for both teams on the Piping Rock grass courts, we
all met for a welcome dinner to kick off the event. The Saturday banquet was held outdoors on
a lovely evening at the Piping Rock clubhouse and was spectacular in every way. The
competition on Saturday and Sunday saw great matches with some of the highest level of play
up and down the lineup that we have seen at the Gengler Cup. The Canadian depth of strong
play took the Gengler Cup win this year and the traveling plate goes to Canada with a decisive
but competitive 8-1 win.
SATURDAY 9:30 AM
2. Boo Van Ingan / Tonia Mangan Kathy Mueller / Dale Kozicz 6-4, 6-1 (C)
3. Vicky McEvoy / Connie Jones Susanna Sekely / Janice Herbert 4-6, 6-4, 6-2 (C)
4. Simmy Pell / Wendy Nolan Karen Clark / Jane Bedard 6-1, 6-0 (C)
1. Connie Jones / Boo Van Ingan Karen Clarke / Janice Herbert 6-1, 6-3 (C)
2. Jeanne Swiacki / Tonia Manga Jane Bedard / Kathy Mueller 6-4, 6-2 (C)
3. Vicky McEvoy / Wendy Nolan Dale Kozicz / Susanna Sekley 6-1, 6-1, (C)
SUNDAY 9:30 AM
1. Jeanne Swiacki / Jackie Powers Karen Clark / Dale Kozicz 4-6, 6-3, 6-1 (C)
2. Boo Van Ingan / Tonia Mangan Janice Herbert / Jane Bedard 4-6, 6-4, 6-2 (USIC)
3. Vicky McEvoy /Anne Prosser Susanna Sekely / Kathy Mueller 6-0, 6-1 (C)
TOTAL: USIC 1 - IC CANADA 8
Copyright © 2000 - WCOC, Inc.